Friday 11 February 2011

Bravo Black Swan

 The Black Swan grips you from the start. It pulls you into the dark and twisted world of Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman), who battles with herself over the balancing act of playing both the White Swan and the Black Swan.
The constant sense of foreboding and the suspenseful atmosphere keeps you on your toes as the deep intertwining relationships start to emerge. A compulsive almost incestuous mother (Barbara Hershey) and a best friend lesbian lover (Mila Kinis) who seems to be trying to take Nina’s role in the Ballet performance are for starters. But is it all in her mind?
The Black Swan engrosses you. It captivates you with its ingenuous sexual innuendo’s and entertains you with the stunning choreography and is easy on the eyes with the set, costumes and camera work.
                Although at some points I felt the urge to shut my eyes and cover my ears as Nina’s mind begins to deteriorate and strange thing begin to happen, I feel my peers overreacted to just how twisted and bizarre the film was. However, I would agree that at times the senses of disorientation are hard to believe. I thought it was an inspired creation for the psychological thriller genre, and that Darren Aronofsky as Director brought Swan Lake into the twenty first century.

No comments:

Post a Comment